Friday, January 1, 2010

Black Bean Soup

I got this recipe from a friend in Houston and it has been a favorite ever since! It is so yummy. You have to try it. We like to eat it with Fritos and cheddar cheese on top, but normal tortilla chips are good too. It is pretty easy to make-- it just takes a few minutes to chop the onion and cilantro. Besides that, it's a cinch.

Black Bean Soup

Saute:

1 cup chopped onion
1 tbsp oil
2 garlic cloves

Stir in:

2 cans black beans
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can chicken broth
1/2 cup salsa verde (I've used regular salsa if I don't have salsa verde. It works great.)
1/4 cup water

Boil. Reduce heat. Simmer for 15 minutes.

Add:

1 tsp cumin
2 tbsp lime juice

Simmer for a few more minutes, then add cilantro and sour cream.

(I add a TON of cilantro-- that stuff rocks-- and just a few spoonfuls of sour cream. YUM YUM YUM.)

2 comments:

  1. Christy, you are the bomb. :) I've been looking for a black bean soup recipe for a while. Hooray! I think we just might be using this tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made this a few nights ago - YUM! Definitely add lots of cilantro and definitely have fritos with it :) Very, very good!

    ReplyDelete