Monday, January 4, 2010

Peanut Butter Bars

So, I've been trying to think of a "real" recipe to share - you know, like an entree, something with substance. :) But, last night Julie convinced me to put up this recipe. It's one of the easiest and yummiest things in the world. So here you go:

Peanut Butter Bars

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 1/4 cups pwd. sugar
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 T shortening

-Melt butter and peanut butter in medium bowl in microwave on high for 1-2 minutes.

-Stir in crumbs and sugar -mixture should be very stiff.

-Press mixture in greased 8x8 square pan.

-Melt chocolate chips and shortening in microwave for 2-3 mins at medium power
(Note: this timing really depends on your microwave! Don't burn the chocolate chips! I ALWAYS do it for 2 mins on 50% power in my microwave, but last night I burned them doing that in Mom and Dad's microwave. I redid it in theirs and it only took 40 secs on full power. So, take it slow and watch them.)

-Spread chocolate mixture over peanut butter mixture and chill.

-Cool completely before cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment