Briana's Interpretation of (The Best) Grilled Corn on the Cob

- 4-6 ears of corn, de-stringed (is that what you call those things?), husks left on (!)
- 4-6 TBSP Extra virgin olive oil
- 2-ish TBSP Garlic Salt (Use Lawry's Brand and then thank me later)
- A few good sprinkles of coarse ground black pepper
Pull down the husks to de-string the corn, but leave the husks attached. Mix olive oil, garlic salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Note: the measurements listed are approximate - I never measure it out exactly. I just dump in a LOT of garlic salt and a few good shakes of pepper. The goal your aiming for is to form a paste that is really grainy with seasoning rather than super, super runny from being mostly olive oil. Using clean hands, rub the garlic salt/oil blend into the corn - cover it! Then pull the husks back up over the corn to protect it during grilling. (Note: a lot of people say that you have to soak corn before grilling it - we never do and it turns out just fine. Delicious, in fact.) Grill on medium high heat for approximately 15 minutes or until corn is done. It should have some good char marks like the picture above and be crunchy, yet soft. Don't be afraid of flame kissing them - do not undercook. Remove from grill and discard husks and ENJOY!
You'll never be able to go back to regular boiled corn on the cob. We cry every year when grilling season is over. :)
*You can use any seasonings you want, really - get creative: basil, cilantro, etc, etc.
YUM. i have to say, for some reason tom and i struggle doing these on our own. we need the briana/eric team to supervise or else ours start on fire. help!
ReplyDeleteps- do i HAVE to wash my hands?
(kidding, kidding)
HA! Christy, you know that I have to throw that plug out there every chance I get. ;)
ReplyDeleteYou can do it! It's ok if the husks catch on fire a little bit. Ours do sometimes. You just don't want the husks to burn up. Just have someone at the grill supervising the corn while it's cooking. Do you guys have an upper rack on your grill - I'd put them on there if you do. You could always try turning the heat down and cooking them for longer. But definitely cook them on the upper rack.
I want to grill. I have been CRAVING grilled corn.
ReplyDelete