Dearest Ladies,
I am sick of being pregnant. I am getting bored. I have nothing left to do except wait. So I actually tried a new recipe last night and loved it. Seriously, I thought the steak was as good as you'd order in a restaurant. I got it from Our Best Bites.
Rub:
1 t. chili powder
1 t. garlic powder
1/2 t. cumin
1/2 t. coriander
1/2 t. oregano
1/8-1/4 t. cayenne pepper or chipotle chili powder (I did 1/4 t. of the chipotle)
3/4 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
2 T. lime juice
1 T. olive oil
Mix all together. Massage into 1-2 pounds of steak. Let sit for 15 minutes. Grill 5-7 minutes on each side. Let sit for five minutes before serving.
Wa la! We grilled ours and it was superb. I'm sure you could bake or broil if no husband is around. (Unless you actually know how to work a grill on your own-- which I do not.) As sides, I did rice, Briana's yummy black beans, and salad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
woohoo - another recipe! :) go christy!
ReplyDeletethis sounds delicious and i never quite know what to do with steak. we'll be trying this one. i LOVE "Our Best Bites". i haven't had a miss yet from that cookbook. it rocks.