Friday, September 10, 2010

Tip: How to make sticky rice

Well, I'm actually kind of stealing this from Christy because she is the one who finally taught me who to do this - much to Eric's relief and delight. No more dry rice for us. You all are much smarter than me, so you probably already knew this. But, just in case someone out there is in the dark like I was- here you go:

Add extra water.

That's it. :) I felt sheepish when I found out that's all you have to do. In my rice cooker, if I'm putting in a scoop and a half of rice, I fill it with water up to the "2 1/4" line. Does that makes sense. It cooks as usual, although I let it sit with the lid on and steam for longer while I finish the rest of my dinner preparations. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment