We just had our ward Christmas party, and they served us spaghetti and meatballs that tasted sooo good! So, I asked what they used and here is the secret!
You buy italian meatballs from Costco! (You could even go in on it with someone else if you wanted, because there are a TON of them!) You put the meatballs, 1 cube of butter (I'm actually only putting 2 tbls in), and 1 jar of any sauce you want, (I'm using Prego!) , into the crockpot! You let it cook as long as you want during the day. The lady who told me about this said the longer the better, because then the seasoning from the meatballs gets into the sauce. You can do it on high if needed, or low if it will be in there awhile. She said plan on about 4 meatballs for each person. I'm making it today, so I'll let you know how it goes! I'm so excited for an easy, yummy, sauce recipe! (I didn't think spaghetti could get any easier and taste so good!)
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
mmmm - that sounds good! i'll definitely be trying this one
ReplyDeleteOkay, so if any of you decide to try this one, I thought I'd add that you want to add some water too. Just like a cup. Also, last night we tried just baking the meatballs in the oven by themselves, and then adding them to the sauce and it was still really good!
ReplyDelete