This is Tom's mom's famous banana bread. There is some baking in my oven right now. I am excited.
Ingredients:
5 large bananas
4 eggs
1/2 cup shortening
2 cups sugar
4 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup nuts (optional-- so if you are crazy and like that sort of thing)
Preheat oven to 300. Beat bananas until soupy. Add eggs and beat. Add shortening and sugar and beat. Add flour and baking soda and beat again (do you see a trend here?). Add the nuts if you so desire. Grease and flour bread pans. Put the mixture in and cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes. (Mine is usually done in more like 1 hour and 10 minutes). Enjoy. Oh, how you will enjoy. This makes two loaves.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm totally making this! Rob will love it and I will feel domestic.
ReplyDelete